SharePoint Online Support for AIP
Update SPO to be aware of classification and labeling and support actions to label and protect content based on AIP policies
mike baker commented
it is a killing feature especially view/edit online using browsers
Hemal M commented
Thanks, do we have any timelien for this?
Eric Delmotte commented
Any chances to have an update on this during Ignite 2018 ? We are really missing this feature.
Stan Shkolnik commented
I hope this would address all the current limitations for SP IRM?
- You cannot use the default or custom templates that you manage in the Azure portal.
- Files that have a .ppdf file name extension for protected PDF files are not supported. Files that have .pdf file name extension and that have been natively protected by Rights Management are supported when you use a PDF reader that natively supports Rights Management.
- Co-authoring is not supported. Because you must check out and download a document in an IRM-protected library, one person can edit it at a time.
Is there a date when the native implementation which was shown at Ignite 2017 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mQKO1lVzOI&t=5s) of AIP in SharePoint Online will be available?
Kevin Spreadbury commented
I trust security trimmed search results will also work!
Ken Layton commented
Classifying and labeling content is fine, but protecting content in SPO libraries with RMS policies whose entitlements differ from the SPO libraries ACL's is problematic. Additionally, if the protection is not applied in a "Just In Time" fashion then it may interfere with the search and index capabilities of SPO. What really needs to happen is the IRM enabled library feature needs to be updated to support more formats and be based on conditions not just a binary switch.
AIP RMS support so SPOL is not 'Blind' to AIP RMS docs introduced into Doc Libraries
Prakash Uttam commented
Glad to see it's a committed feature - can we get a delivery date?
Align the sharing visual user experience with the same flow and sharing UI as in SharePoint, OneDrive, and OneDrive local sync. These are flows and dialogues many users area already familiar with however the AIP UI seems to use a custom looking box, an AD directory browser that returns odd results etc.
kojima kazunori commented
Enable Shared workbook feature on SPO IRM library (When open by using Office Online)
kojima kazunori commented
1. Enable "Document Tracking feature" on IRM library.
2. Enable "Document Tracking feature" on FCI Server (installed AIP scenario).
Daniel Laskewitz commented
Would love to see this coming!