Azure Information Protection

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OD4B and SPO Library sync support for protected libraries

Allow the OneDrive for Business Sync client to sync and support protected libraries from OD4B and SPO libraries.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Done  ·  0 comments  ·  Applications and File Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Temporarily decrypt file and pass to default application

I've just completed some testing with a few software packages -- Caseware and Lacerte -- for an accounting firm. Data for these apps lives on file shares, so they intended to use AIP to encrypt the files at rest. Unfortunately, AIP is not fully compatible with the file types (.dbf. .mdf, and some custom file types that are readable in Word). The customer brought up an interesting point that I had not considered -- the ability for the AIP viewer to temporarily decrypt the files and pass them along to the appropriate default program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Applications and File Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Done  ·  Adam Hall responded

This feature is in the AIP Viewer today.

3. Enable automatic classification based on content in non-office file types

Leverage OSS and iFilter options to scan any document type and make recommendations or apply automatic policies

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications and File Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base